- Engineering Lead – Optoelectronics / Firmware
- Full Time
- Electrical Engineering
- San Francisco Bay Area
- Depending on Experience
- August 3, 2018
- August 3, 2018
- December 30, 2018
Mirada Technologies is a San Francisco technology startup developing smart sensing solutions for real-time sensors for autonomous driving. We are a nimble company dedicated to building next-generation LiDAR sensors and technology for autonomous vehicles, advanced driver assistance systems, and smart-city solutions. By joining our team at this point, you will play a major role in the development of our company. We are looking for someone exceptionally capable, creative, self-driven, who is a great communicator, and passionate about the future of transportation.
Engineering Lead – Electronics, Firmware, Software
The Engineering Lead will develop and commercialize exciting new technologies for our advanced LiDAR sensor solutions. He/She will architect and build the sensor stack as a key leader while assisting in refining the technology vision. He/She will directly contribute to building out first implementations of Mirada’s sensor solution. The ideal candidate will be able to deliver across a wide technical breadth, learn quickly when and as required, and be comfortable tackling unfamiliar or broadly defined problems with little or no outside direction. He/She will own relationships with suppliers, and have direct interaction with initial key customers.
A successful candidate will meet all of the following requirements:
- B.S. degree with 7+ or M.S./Ph.D. degree with 5+ years experience in Electrical Engineering.
- Professional experience in electronics design with at least 5 years experience bringing hardware products from concept to volume production.
- Demonstrated track record in a technical leadership role.
- Analyze trade-off between alternative approaches.
- Participate in interface definition, design, and changes between sub-system components.
- Experience with algorithm / data analysis using Python, MATLAB, and/or SPICE.
- Circuit and board design using industry standard software tools
- Knowledge and ability to use lab equipment – Oscilloscope, Spectrum Analyzer, JTAG ICE tools, etc. for debugging and analysis.
- Familiar with Agile processes and development.
- Comfortable with software quality practices such as code reviews and continuous integration.
- Experience with data and image visualization
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills