Mirada Technologies is a San Francisco technology startup developing smart sensing solutions for real-time sensors for autonomous driving. We are a nimble company dedicated to building next-generation LiDAR sensors and technology for autonomous vehicles, advanced driver assistance systems, and smart-city solutions. By joining our team at this point, you will play a major role in the development of our company. We are looking for someone exceptionally capable, creative, self-driven, who is a great communicator, and passionate about the future of transportation.
The Senior Engineer will develop and commercialize exciting new technologies for our advanced LiDAR sensor solutions. He/She will develop and optimize electro-mechanical components and their interactions with fluidic systems using analytical, experimental, and numerical methods. He/She will design and work with the broader team to take systems from the lab to volume production.
A successful candidate will meet all of the following requirements:
– B.S. degree with 7+ or M.S./Ph.D. degree with 5+ years experience in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or similar field.
– Professional experience in mechanical or fluidic system design with at least 5 years experience bringing hardware products from concept to volume production.
– Experience developing system designs integrating brushless DC motors.
– Experience in mechanical system design and optimization using software tools such as SolidWorks.
– Experience in electro-mechanical / fluidic design and optimization using established software tools.
– Demonstrated track record in a technical leadership role.
– Analyze trade-off between alternative approaches.
– Excellent teamwork and communication skills